There are two types of characters in the game
Non-playable characters who interact with you:
- Elliya is an Operator who gives you the tutorial on how to move.
- Ronson teaches you how to fight.
- Emily is a GSF medic who teaches you how to use your Z gauge.
Characters can choose one of four classes to begin as:
- Ivan the Silent Avenger which otherwise costs 10 000 gold
- Rena the Shadow Dancer which otherwise costs 50 000 gold
- Elena the Gunslinger which otherwise costs 10 000 gold
- Max the Shield Trooper which otherwise costs 10 000 gold.
This means it is probably most cost-effective to begin with Rena, although players are not informed of her higher cost until AFTER selecting a class and viewing the Character Shop.
Both Rena and Ivan (and other Avengers and Dancers) are members of the Assassins' Brotherhood founded by the Saints of Geor after escaping Astra while fleeing the Vela Curia. This is represented by a blue background.
These preassigned names refer to the layouts, and are not actually the user's account name. Players may only choose 1 name per account, and this is entered separately from their steam accounts.